Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Cookie Book

In 2005 I started baking my way through a cookie cookbook with the intention of baking all of the recipes in the book.   I'm not sure the exact number of recipes included in the book although the cover of the book says that there are over 250 of them.  I didn't set a timeline for my project, however, I've now been working on it for 5 years.   Each time I make a recipe for the first time I make a note of the month and year and the first recipes marked were in December of 2005.   Sometimes I make a note next to the recipe like "mmm..." or "icing too stiff" or even "yuck!" and sometimes I make a note about any modifications that I've made to the recipe.   Some of the recipes have been just so-so and have only been made once.  Some have become favorite recipes.    Some call for too many strange ingredients that I don't have on hand normally, thus requiring a special trip to the grocery store, so those haven't been made yet, but I'll get around to them.   Some have complicated steps so they also haven't been attempted yet.  Some are too gooey or have gooey frosting making impractical for packing, so since many of the cookies I make are for giving away these also haven't been attempted.    But all of them are on the list and will be done sometime.   And now you'll get to read about my adventures on this blog and have a chance to comment, see some pictures and if you are so inclined even order some of these cookies for yourself!

December, however, has not been a month for making new cookie recipes for many years.   Instead it is at this time of year that my cookies become part of cookie Christmas gifts and I go with favorites.   I am beginning round 1 of cookie give-aways this week.   This first round of cookie containers will have chocolate mint cookies, cranberry lemon sandwich cookies, white chocolate cherry cookies, eggnogg snickerdoodles, chocolate peanut butter marble cookies and butter pecan cookies.    Pictures will be posted soon to whet your appetites!   Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment